From the encouragement of this little lady, I decided to share with you today one of my favorite & EASIEST recipes. Slow Cooker Shredded Pork Tacos.
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 4 to 5 chipotles in adobo sauce (less if you are not into spicy)
- 1/2 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano, preferably Mexican
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2-3 large tomatoes, chopped or 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast (untrimmed)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 bay leaves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- Corn tortillas, warmed, for serving
- Assorted taco toppings, for garnish (chopped radish, feta, cilantro, & avocado are what I like to use)
Dump all the ingredients (sans tortillas & toppings) into a crockpot & cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. When done, shred pork (it should pull apart VERY easily). Warm tortillas according to package directions or over a gas burner, assemble tacos & top with your favorite toppings!
and for a little variation....
Shredded Pork Quesadillas!
Take leftover shredded pork & create a yummy quesadilla with whole wheat tortillas, spinach, tomato, Monterrey jack + feta cheeses & mushroom. Easy Peasy.